Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the fall months are pretty much here I plan on using my heated seats until the snow flys and then my SVT is being put into storage. However my drivers side wont work. The passenger seat does. The light on the switches to show that they are on both work and come on. There are no fuses blown or wires that are pulled out of the bottom of the seat. However I did look at both of the switches and there seems to be an extra wire in the drivers side swtich (the one that doesnt work) that was shoved in with one of the other wires. If I got pictures would it help to diagnose this? Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will do this tomorrow and post them asap!

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok heres the pics I promised they are VERY blurry and I dont know why but im sorry. You can still see what Im talking about. The brown connector is the drivers and blue is passenger. In pic 1 look in the bottom right corner of both connectors and youll see that there is an extra wire in there that isnt on the other one. In pic 2 its just the drivers side but you can see the extra wire in teh bottom right and if you look at the blue connector in the backround youll see that wire isnt there. I dont get it![bigcry]

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Ok heres the pics I promised they are VERY blurry and I dont know why but im sorry. You can still see what Im talking about. The brown connector is the drivers and blue is passenger. In pic 1 look in the bottom right corner of both connectors and youll see that there is an extra wire in there that isnt on the other one. In pic 2 its just the drivers side but you can see the extra wire in teh bottom right and if you look at the blue connector in the backround youll see that wire isnt there. I dont get it![bigcry]

I have the exact same problem with my 2005 ST. I changed the switch because it felt "sloppy" but that didn't fix it. I would think there is a relay for the seat heat, But I can't find one. Hope someone comes to the rescue soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
has the heated seat relay been located?

I have the same problem as posted. Passenger seat works fine...drivers side button lights up, but no heat...I had to replace my drivers seat after drivers seat meltdown...but it is all plugged in and should be working. I would think there must be a relay for these seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts