Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i recently got a set of projector headlights to replace my old ones because the wirring was all mocked up and didn't have plugs to plug the headlight it, there were just wired up and held together by elec. tape (how i got the car) and the reflectors in the housings were well, pretty much melted, so i wasn't getting enough light while driving. Got my new set, took the bulbs from the old one and put em in the new one ( i believe they're 7K bulbs) and went to the JY and got the plugs so that i can plug up the new ones correctly. Couple days ago i was out doing an oil change and noticed something in one of the headlights, first thought was dirt, then i looked at the reflector around the bulb and notice that its actually started to melt like the last set did, i was thinking about putting back the set of bulbs they came with for the time being, but i just want to know, why is this happening, has anyone else had this problem?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Move to: "Exterior Body & Lighting Chat"

what brand of bulbs are you using? you must be using some high wattage bulbs!
its the super hot bulbs your using that is melting your housings. use something else.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not sure of the brand thats in there, they're the same ones i got with the car from the old projector unit, i'll switch em out and use the ones it came with for now until i find ones i like. I did notice when i first put those bulbs in it felt like they were burining pretty hot, but then a friend of mine that helped me with the installation has similar headlights and his somewhat felt like they were burning pretty hot and he's had his for a while.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what brand do you guys recommend? I like the blue look, so when i get new bulbs thats what i want to go for, but will i run into the same problem again? Because i was thinking about getting 10k bulbs...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok stupid question, is it possible to replace the lense in these?? Just want to know in case i could've done that with my old set, or in case one of them happen to break, or crack like the last ones did when i got the car, or am i looking to replace the whole thing if that happens to happen.

And what wattage should i be looking at as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts