Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around on the internet and saw some people having problems changing the headlamps. I also had a tough time getting mine out. Can someone explain to me how to get the bulb out. I know there is some sort of wire holding it in place how do I move that. I just dont want to mess anything up. Alot of people seem to complain about room. I seem to have enough room I just cant figure out how to get the bulb from the housing. Any help or advice would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks...

btw its an 00.. and one more question it has the zetec and its a zx3 what is the exact model of this car??.. just bought it

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
It's tough if it's your first time messing around with it.

After learning how the metal retaining clip dislodges from the top of the bulb socket, you'll be able to change them out in just a few minutes.

The clip is like a half-circle, and it unclips and rotates out of the way. It unclips ar the top of the bulb socket, so, Use your thumb or a finger and push it in, then push inward or outward until you feel it unclasp.

don't touch the bulb glass, oils from fingertips ruin them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I slid a giant butcher's knife into the area behind the headlight to act as a mirror. I used it to actually see the clip. Once I saw what it looked like, it was easy to unclip.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
it's easy. Use some force to remove the rubber plug, and the clip is located on top of the light unit itself. You just have to lift up the clips, slide it off, and twist the light out.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's easier if you pull off the wire connector first. Cold the backing plate of the bulb forward, while you pull off the connector. The connector wire gets in the way of the wire clip as you try to "hinge" it off the bulb. Make sure you hold the bulb in, because just pulling on the connector puts force on the wire clip and may bend it. You have to push the clip in, then away from the bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts