Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new too the FF community this is my first post. I have a few questions about installing a header and exhaust on to my 2002 ZX5.

A few weeks ago the auto shop told me my cat and my exhaust manifold were clogged and gave me an estimate of $1200 to fix. I think that is absolutely a rip-off and I have decided to install a header and a new exhaust and leave the cat off.

I just received an M2 header and I am getting ready to buy an exhaust but I am not sure what I need. I am looking at a TruBendz 2.5" exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, will this work with my M2 header without any modifications? Without a cat?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
is this a long tube header? you can get an SVT header, high flow cat and cat back for under 1200. Depending on the area you live in you might be able to get away with no cat. You will need a cheater harness for your 02 sensor...cuz you will throw a check engine light immediately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a long tube header. I dont want to use a cat. I just want to make sure that the TruBendz will work with the M2 header. Also I have a AEM short ram on the way and I need to know will I need to get a tune once all this is on? New O2 sensors on the way as well do I need both of them since Im not planning on running a cat?

Im in the central TX (ft. Hood) area if anyone can help me install this stuff, I aint got much money, but, beer is on me.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
There is no header other then stock or stock type replacement and a stock CAT that will fit to the trubendz exh

Your best to send the header back , buy a 200.00 SVT header , Off road SVT pipe and SVT exh system this will net you about 12-16HP to the wheels

If you stick with the header you have a muffler shop will have to make a pipe to connect the header to the exh , I doubt your Exh past the CAT is bad because its stainless and I cannot see how it would go bad

Reguardless of what long tune header you get you need to do a tune of your air fuel will be off and cause more issues

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts