Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
It is probly a gauge layover. So what you have to do is remove the cluster. That the clear plastic off which just pops off. And take the needles off. The layover will just come off then.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is probly a gauge layover. So what you have to do is remove the cluster. That the clear plastic off which just pops off. And take the needles off. The layover will just come off then.
Thanks mave it was on there when i bought the car so i'll work on it tomorrow Any tools needed or should it just peel off?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
A small socket set. I use the socket driver (looks like a screw driver but you put sockets on it) for taking my dash stuff apart. You shouldn't need any tools. It it is a sticker you will have to peel it off. If it is a tru layover you get simply lift. However There is a third option it could be. There are replacement plate like ones that replace the gauge plate. I haven't mess with any of those. Those style use the factory lighting to light the gauges up. A layover like the one I use wires in seperate. Does your guage face have a tach needle?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A small socket set. I use the socket driver (looks like a screw driver but you put sockets on it) for taking my dash stuff apart. You shouldn't need any tools. It it is a sticker you will have to peel it off. If it is a tru layover you get simply lift. However There is a third option it could be. There are replacement plate like ones that replace the gauge plate. I haven't mess with any of those. Those style use the factory lighting to light the gauges up. A layover like the one I use wires in seperate. Does your guage face have a tach needle?
ok thanks man. Nope no tach but i just bought one of it from someone on here like yesterday so i'll have one soon.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Okay cool. Yeah I wonder why they covered up the tach, Is there an aftermarket one in the car.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Good thing your replacing it... [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit]

Sorry if that was dramatic, lol. Why would they cover the tach? And type R?? I dunno... are you getting a stock cluster? Or are you going to be putting another face on it? I like some of them, just not that one, lol.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guages.html

once you click that link and it opens, it will say that the page isnt right. just type in guages instead of gauges in the URL and then the page should work. that should help you out. good luck!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good thing your replacing it... [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit] [vommit]

Sorry if that was dramatic, lol. Why would they cover the tach? And type R?? I dunno... are you getting a stock cluster? Or are you going to be putting another face on it? I like some of them, just not that one, lol.
haha yeah i don't like it but oh well i'm taking it off today. My valve cover even says ZX3 R on it.??

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
As you can tell with these pics I do alot with my gauges. Check them out. Next thing I'm going to do is remove the volt meter and replace it with and EGT (exhaust gas temp).

Stock

Added cluster with tach and silver gauge layover.

Added ST bezel and swapped pillar gauges.

Added AEM wideband.

Also this is whats next for my interior

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts