Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know how to do it and it works but how the hell do i get the fogs to turn off when the high beams come on its pissing me off i need help [?|]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
That is what it is suppose to do.
When the Fog light mod has been done, the Fog Lights come on when you turn on your brights, which helps light up the road a little more.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
[idea]
To give light when there is fog..???[confused]

When you turn on your brights, don't you want more light ?
So, the fog lights help give more light.

Do you drive with your brights on alot ..?..[confused]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If it was legal the best way to drive in fog or snow would be to turn off the headlights and use only the fog lights (preferably yellow ones). This would greatly reduce reflection.

The fog light mod allows the fogs to fill in the dark area right in front of the car that's created when using high beams. Don't use this combination in fog or snow, it would only make things worse.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No in fog or snow you would keep your low beams on and not turn them off because since they're low beam they're not gonna bother you as much but turning on your high beams in fog is really stupid which amazingly some people still like to do. I thought the only purpose of the foglight mod was to keep your fogs on when you have just your front turn signals on without having your headlights on which is illegal...sonsofbitches!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
microtonal said:
That is what it is suppose to do.
When the Fog light mod has been done, the Fog Lights come on when you turn on your brights, which helps light up the road a little more.
No, the fog light mod is to give you independent control of the fog lights.
That's how mine works, brights on or not!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need help with the fog light mod

I went to do it and It didn't work right away so I moved the wire over one into one of the three slots. Something happened cause my foglights don't work anymore. I put the Fuse back in also and still doesn't work. I was wondering if there was a way of fixing the problem.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
DidHeFocus? said:
No, the fog light mod is to give you independent control of the fog lights.
That's how mine works, brights on or not!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....what he's saying is the the fog light come on when he turns the brights on when the fog light switch in not engauged.
He knows you can turn if off/on but was disgruntaled about the fog lights coming on when he turned on his brights when the fog light switch is off.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
eatdnts1 said:
I need help with the fog light mod

I went to do it and It didn't work right away so I moved the wire over one into one of the three slots. Something happened cause my foglights don't work anymore. I put the Fuse back in also and still doesn't work. I was wondering if there was a way of fixing the problem.
Does your car have daytime running lights?

·
Registered
148 Posts
can some one tell me how to do the fog light mod cause whan I did it onece I blew a fuse and have been scared ever since. HELP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts