Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in 2 new bulbs that shine blue in my 2003 ford focus zx3 and i cant get my driver side light to shine as bright as the passagner...i took it to the dealer ship but they cant do any thing about it....what should i do....the dealer ship didnt want to touch it since i put in different bulbs....well i have no idea what to do but if some one could help i would really be thank full

the bulbs arnt to powerfull to burn up my wires but i dont know if i went back to stock light bulbs if it would work right or not...i dont know how to change them my self...a friend did it for me

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
its not hard to change the bulbs. i did it myself with out any problems. your car manual also tells you how to change them. if you can change the bulbs check and see if the stock bulbs do the same thing and then take it to the dealership to get that checked out. if you need someone to walk you through it let me know

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Did the original bulbs (prior to replacement) provide equal illumination (brightness)? If so its probably a problem with the new bulbs. There's just too much junk out there right now. Stay with name brands such as Phillipps, Sylvania, Hella, or Piaa. You'll pay a little more but you'll get a better product with more consistency.

You could also check the voltage at the plug by removing the bulb and using a voltage meter (electrical multi-meters are available for around 10.00 at radio shack, sears, harbor freight, etc. nothing fancy is needed) Your looking for even voltage at both sockets/plugs. Try it with the motor both on and off and naturally with the light switch on. If you find a discrepancy even as little as a half a volt it could easily be the problem. The fix will not always be simple and you may need someone with some electrical experience to assist you. You will then begin using the voltage meter and ohm meter to look for resistance that's causing the voltage drop. Sometimes its as simple as a bad ground. Other times it can be a real pain tn the butt because you have to trace the problem thru the entire circuit. I have found dealers to be very poor at tracing electrical problems. Taking it to a automotive electrical shop is you best bet. Unless you can demonstrate that there is a voltage difference between the two lights I doubt ford will do anything about it and simply blame it on the aftermarket bulbs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took it to them and then they said it was probly something worng with my bulbs but...they wouldnt look at it since i put them in there...i got the svylian ones....but im gonna try to change the bulbs but i dont think i can do it with out breaking the shit but oh well i was gonna get totaly new headlights instead of the stock look...but i just dont have the money until i get paid on friday...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i do need help i cant get my lights back in...i think i figured it out...the blubs may have been put in up side down so the briness is shineing wrong way then other one...but i dont know how to get the blub out to move it and i cant even the the little thing to go around it so i cant just pull the bulb right out

Oh yeah i got like some euro bulbs

Edit-----I got the blubs in there but i cant get the metal pice to go around the blub to lock it in to the head light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts