Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought some new bulbs but i cant find out how to get the other one off...it has a piece that keeps it in place what do i do

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the head lamps...sorry

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
im sure you just untwist the bulb cover and vola! you then untwist the bulb itself and remove it from the connecter. im going by the manual. i have HID's so i have never had to do this.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
^^^ its a little more difficult than that. First you take that plastic cover off the back of the
headlight. Then you will see the light and the connector. There is a little metal retaining
clip that has to be undone and is a little tricky, so take your time and pay attention to detail.
For the simple reason so you know how it goes back on. Then unplug the headlight from
the connector, plug in new one, slide it back into the houshing, making sure that the little
tabs on the bulb line up with the notches on the headlight housing.
Put the retaining clip back into position and put the cover back on the headlight.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jealm said:
^^^ its a little more difficult than that. First you take that plastic cover off the back of the
headlight. Then you will see the light and the connector. There is a little metal retaining
clip that has to be undone and is a little tricky, so take your time and pay attention to detail.
For the simple reason so you know how it goes back on. Then unplug the headlight from
the connector, plug in new one, slide it back into the houshing, making sure that the little
tabs on the bulb line up with the notches on the headlight housing.
Put the retaining clip back into position and put the cover back on the headlight.
but what do you get that metal retainer clip off...is it a screw driver, twist it, pull? thats whats kill me is that stupid clip...

·
Registered
190 Posts
push it in and to the side , the park you push in is the wire loop on the top. Once it unclips it will swing back and out of the way

·
Registered
274 Posts
you gotta feel for the metal loop at the top right of the wire then push gently down then it will flip to where the wire drops down out of the way.replace the bulb and flip the wire up back in place and you will feel it snap and lock. I had the same prob figuring it myself. You really dont need any tools and I dont reccomend using any.It just takes some patience but once you figure it out its real simple.Think of squeezing a C shaped wire.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
terrasmak and awnuts your two are so awesome...i read this just now when i got home...ran too my car pushed it and turned...BAM seriously only took half second i was so amped!!! i put my new ones in..there so nice and so much brighter thats what i needed...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts