Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it is getting old when I accelerate the A/C cuts out I know it is designed this way but I want to be able to force it to stay on does anyone know if I can bypass the cut off control unit? I have another question I thought the cut out was only suposed to activate at WOT mine cut out even if I take off very slow??? BTW I have a 2005 ZX3

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't know how you could do that short of changing that function with a tune. The ECM uses the TPS reading to determine when it should allow a/c or not. So there really isn't a 'switch' it's just a command from the computer.

Maybe you should check your TPS to make sure it isn't giving a higher voltage than it should. Maybe it's showing WOT before you actually are.

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Cars haven't always had an AC cut off at WOT. The reason that was put in there was to increase compressor life, and decrease engine load in emergency situations.

Explain your problem to the dealer, expend half a day watching soaps, and drinking coffee in the waiting room. I know it's horrendous, but this should be covered under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.