Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new here so I’m not sure if I’ve posted this in the correct place.

I was doing a general check over, topping up fluids and noticed that this plug has snapped.

What is it and what does it do? Seems like a 2 minute replacement job, but I don’t know what it is or where I can buy it from.

Car is a 2015 Ford Focus LZ 1.5L eco boost.

Any help would be really appreciated.

All the best 👍🏻

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Motor vehicle Finger

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Judging from the location it's placed at (an intake tube) I'm thinking it could be for a MAF Sensor. That basically tells the computer how much air is entering the system and how much fuel it needs to pump. Have you noticed bad gas mileage, cause that's one of the effects of it not working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judging from the location it's placed at (an intake tube) I'm thinking it could be for a MAF Sensor. That basically tells the computer how much air is entering the system and how much fuel it needs to pump. Have you noticed bad gas mileage, cause that's one of the effects of it not working.
My L/kmh is pretty high. It’s winter here in AUS at the moment and I’m always using the heater so I guess I put it down to that. I’ve searched the internet for hours and can’t find what it’s called. It’s a plug that goes onto the air intake pipe that has snapped. You’d think it would be an easy find/fix.

·
Registered
2012 titanium
10 Posts
That's part of your evap system. The broke end presses into the intake tubing you'll need to get the broken end out of the plactic tube. The green is the locking tab press down on the smaller side it lifts the tabs and you can get needle nose pliers to pull the broke tube off. I would just go to a local salvage yard and pull one off damn near any pzev focus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts