Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[dunno] Changing the oil tonight I saw this under the coolant tank on the wifes car... not sure how long it's been broken. What the heck is it? [dunno]

2003 Focus 2.0L SPI

Where it is:

Broken piece and some kind of cap:

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
passenger motor mount. does the car vibrate a good amount or no? I know the cover can be removed.

Yes it's fluid filled, looks like oil if you ever have a leak.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Is is my screen, or is your coolant brown?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Definitely not motor mount - check out the first picture - thanks for the responses
Fail 100% motormount and I think u put oil in the coolant tank hahahaha. That mount hold the motor which is called a motor mount

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drained the coolant just in case, it looks good, not brown at all. I'll get the new mount and tackle this weekend. Thanks everyone.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yup no problem Im pretty familiar with the engine. youll have to move the reservoir out of the way to replace it.

coolant normally looks brown through those containers too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I also replaced mine its easier to remove the reservoir tank and unscrew the power steering from the firewall and move it to the side , then you'll have a lot of room to work made it easy for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will bad mount cause no-start?

When we started our 2004 Focus last night, I heard something rattling from under the hood, but we went ahead anyway - this led us stuck on road after 10 min. Today when I checked under the hood, I found the engine mount is bad and I saw quite a lot oil spill under the coolant tank. But I feel the bad engine mount would not case no-start? When I try to start the car, the engine tries to start and the drive belt can move a little bit, occasionally, the engine can even start but stop immediately. Any thoughts? Appreciate any help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts