Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So within the last few months, this noise in the video I took yesterday has been happening and it seems to be getting worse. I moved houses at the start of the year, and as you can see in the video, the driveway is pretty damn steep. The noise started a month or so after moving here and driving up the driveway daily. Once it started happening, it was only ever (and still mostly is) happening when in first gear. And while in first, you'd hear it when pressing the throttle more aggressively. It's almost like the more torque involved, the more noise. It used to go away by second gear, but now if I'm on the throttle, you'll faintly hear it into second as well, meaning it's gotten worst.

I'm not sure what it's from. Around when this started happening, I also installed headers and a catback exhaust, if that matters. I know one of the engine mounts was taken off to get out the stock headers if I'm correct, so I don't know if that could be why.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried searching for other's with this noise, but since I never see videos, I never know if their "grinding" noise is the one I have. Thanks!

Car is a 2016 Focus SE DCT

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ya if I were you I'd check the exhaust for any clearance issues first. I watched the vid before I read the post and first thing I thought was exhaust rattle. So when you mentioned it in your post confirms my suspicions.

Reactions: tkassik
1 - 2 of 2 Posts