Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 3 door Focus Sport, and after driving when it has been raining, the passenger footwell is wet. Any ideas as to what the problem may be. Thanks Nick

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'd start with taking a look at the door and window rubbers to make sure they are sealing. After that, I'd look at where your heater core is to see if there is a leak in the firewall.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You could use a water hose to help find the leak as well my guess is the windshield seal

·
Registered
438 Posts
The seal at the lower part of the windshield was a problem on older foci. Maybe give that a look as GO.army says.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
We usually wind up resealing the cowl panels here at the ford dealership

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you have a sunroof there is a tube that runs from the corner of the assembly down the apillar and dumps down next to the door. Mine had wiggled loose once and cause water to come in. Also like previously mentioned there could be a bad seal around the door, and also I have had water come in between the window glass and the rubber seal on the door. Also make sure the holes on the doors bottom are not plugged trapping water inside. Also if you can get under the car you can see 4 plugs underneath where the seats are and sometimes the factory glue lets go and they pop out creating an inch and a half hole that condensation can get up and into your car through.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
What about the in cabin air filter? Not sure about where it is on an 07 but is worth a shot

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 02 focus, and the other month had a puddle in the foot well, seems to be a common problem and as GO.army said.

i ended up getting some silicon sealant and re sealing it with that. so far no more leaks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same as Jaaquo, i have an 02 focus, when i had a puddle of water in my pasenger footwell a couple of years ago, it was due to the seal having perished between the windscreen and the cover over the air intake, which meant water was easily running straight into the car. I resealed it and its been fine up until recently when the seal has perished again, meaning another repair jobby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts