Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2004 SVT and purchased a used jackson s/c off of the internet. I finished the install today and drove it approx 2 miles and it ran great but appeared to be very rich. When I got back in the car it would crank and not start sounding like it was flooded. I changed the spark plugs and I unplugged the fuel card(with the ign on car off the boost light was on on the card and also the power light was flashing) before refiring I left the card unplugged for a couple mins and reinstalled the card and the car then fired after cranking over for a while with the throttle depressed. The lights never came back on on the fuel card. I drove back to the shop but would not go over 4500 rpm. I turned the car off and it would only refire if the throttle was depressed. Still no lights on the fuel card.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do next.

Info:
Injectors are lime green
S/C pulley is 2.6" (I think that is smaller than the factory pulley
Mustang stlye mass air with open cone K&N

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
maybe a vaccum leak somewhere, or its not tunned right maybe someone with more experience will chime in

·
Registered
535 Posts
sometimes electronics are funny, try unplugging the batteries neg cable plug in the card and wait 30 min. then reattach the batt cable.

·
Registered
336 Posts
it sounds like the car might of went into limp mode

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
A 2.6" pulley? Stock is 3.6" and the FRPP BBK pulley is a 3" which runs 10psi. Running anymore than that without any kind of cooling is just waiting for something to go wrong. A 2.6" pulley Im guessing is going to run 12-14psi and if you are running that, with the 42lb injectors and MAF and are only using the JRSC "black box" tuning thats gotta be your problem. You are probably running pig rich cause the "black box" turns the injectors onto something like 110% duty cycle and thats designed for the factory injectors. You need to get a real tune for that thing ASAP.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
bingo
go back to the stock injectors and maf if your using the card. the card is calibrated for stock. go bigger and it fouls everything up. get to a dyno shop asap if your gonna keep this setup.
the maf position can also be a problem since the airflow across it can change with different positions.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
You have all the wrong components. The Jackson Racing Black Box is tuned for an SVT MAF, a 3.6" Pulley, and stock SVT Injectors. The car has no idea what is on it right now, you need to either take off the other stuff or get it tuned for those items.

Oh, and if you seriously have a 2.6" Pulley on there, you can say good night to your engine. You may want to confirm that, because my engine went after three days of boosting on a 2.75" Pulley, and that had me at 16PSI, and right around maximum blower efficiency.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts