Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in he process of trying to tune with Tom and having some issues with inconsistencies in data logs. I am running the Ho kit with stock crank pulley. I was wondering what kind of boost should i be maxing out at. I am pretty sure i am getting some belt slip cause i have seen it as high as 9 psi at 7k and as low as 6. It seems as i get above 3k the boost doesn't always steadily increase like it should and will fluctuate up and down sometimes. Also would like to know what belt size and brand you are running. I currently have a gates 101" which is size the kit originally came with and i was thinking about going a 1/2" smaller.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I am the only one running a vortech on here....[???:)]
Luckily I have got it figured out now though. The 101" belt that vortech uses does not work. I had to go with a 100.5" and also installed a new tensioner just for peace of mind. This made a hugE difference in boost. Instead of maxing out at 9 psi now is reaching about 13 psi. It has gone from pulling good in second to burning the tires off at about 60 mph when boost starts to really build. So for anyone that has a vortech with the 2.62 pulley a gates k0601005 works perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts