Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was installing a new under car LED kit, when some wires from my LED in the air vents i think accidentally got crossed or something and i heard weird electrical 'clicking' noises. so i ran to the battery and disconnected the negative terminal. i disconnected all the LED's in the vents, put the negative back on the battery and no more noise, however i go to start the car and NOTHING works besides the headlights, fog lights, engine start button and El Glow gauges. The blinkers, radio, map lights, reverse lights, brake lights, warning lights in the gauge cluster, the LCD below the speedo all do NOT work. What the hell? I need help ASAP. and thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
774 Posts
A similar situation happened with my Dad's Contour. I had installed some foglights on the car and it drew too much power. The headlight switch blew out causing the dashlights, center consol lights, rear tails, etc. to not function. We had a local guy (PORTAGE MOTORS) work on it. He attached another power line to the switch with an inline fuse. That seemed to solve the problem. I drove this car back in high school and had neons, LEDs, A head unit and speakers in the car already, so I don't know but it seems like you are having a similar problem. depending on how your lights are wired in, your power wire to your headlights might have overloaded. This is just a guess man, you are going to need some second and third opinions on this one. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
check your fuses...
the accessory fuses may be blown.

Might be the 1st or 2nd row, 1st or 2nd one closest to the left.

That's the one that goes out on me when I had loose wiring... sorry I can't recall specifically, but I am sure that's your problem.

I highly doubt you melted wiring, or anything else...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i checked some of the fuses, such as blinkers, taillights and they are not blow. i did replace them however and still nothing. the third brake lights does work i found out. the two side one's don't. so if one fuse blows does it affect the others? Because if not I don’t think it has to do with fuses.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Check ALL your fuses, who knows which one you might have popped.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check the fuses in the Power Distribution Box in the engine compartment. Probably fuse 7 or maybe 1. Both are 40A main power fuses.

The PDB is on the driver's side near the strut tower.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude u are my hero! i was freaking out thinking i had to take the car to get looked at. but ya it was fuse 7 in the PDB. Thanks so much! lol

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
way to help a brother in need

1 - 9 of 9 Posts