Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving on new tune and speedo quit working.

Then odometer Flatlind...... that up?

No CELs at thus time

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
You mean it went to - - - - - ?

Shot me your strategy if you havent already and lets make sure your straegy matches your ECU code

Also look and make sure you dong have a chip plugged into the J-port on the ECU at the top should be a plastic cap there

Tom

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean it went to - - - - - ?

Shot me your strategy if you havent already and lets make sure your straegy matches your ECU code

Also look and make sure you dong have a chip plugged into the J-port on the ECU at the top should be a plastic cap there

Tom
Yepper, Got the starter sorted so now I can let you do some remote v00d00!

I did pull codes once I got to my buddies to troubleshoot my starter problems. I am getting P0720 and P0722, which has something to do with output shaft sensor and it not reading. The car seemed to be running better until I got the CEL then it would stall when stopping for lights, I cleared it at Marks and it came back. I did give you my strategy before you gave me my base tune. You told me to try and let you login and setup a "logging" configuration, I think. I have to go back to the mechanics to try and get his computer running a bit faster and hopefully snag his older all-data for da F0ci.

Then I am heading to get tires. Then I think I should be back around 1PM central if you have some free time tomorrow. I'm trying to get it sorted out so I can eventually got get it inspected.

Oh and I don't know where my ECU is yet. So I'ma have to do a bit of research to get you that info.

I don't think the tune you gave me caused the Speedo and Odometer to act up. I think it was just coincidence and I kinda panicked cause I flash the tune and then got the car running today.

BIG THANKS for responding so fast!

I will eventually calm down! I promise!! LOL [twothumbs]

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
2002 ZX3 the ECU is in the Pass side kick panel . if you open your glove box then push in the sides of the box and drop it all the way down and with a flash light look to the right you will see your ECU behind some black control boxes , the ECU is silver with a wad of wiring plugged into the bottom of it

Tom

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ieye Cap"n will let you know more in a bit.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK here arrrrrr de pics of the "area" you specified.

Are those any help?

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I have taken hundreds of these out and never seen that tape over the J-port , look further and make sure there is no chip under that tape

Tom

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Im guessing the tape is masking tape that wraps from side over the top? I'll remove it tomorrow and take more pics. Thank Mark, ya buttinskie!! [;)]

So Tom, you are wanting to make sure there is NO chip, correct?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Hey turbo Tom. I'm stepping all over spazzes thread here to ask you what a complete turbo kit would run me for a 02-04 svtf. And how about a hidden kit, like maybe where the second cat is located?

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's OK Mark, I like ya so no worries! Ya Bastige!! LOL!!

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
So Im guessing the tape is masking tape that wraps from side over the top? I'll remove it tomorrow and take more pics. Thank Mark, ya buttinskie!! [;)]

So Tom, you are wanting to make sure there is NO chip, correct?
I am waiting on a datalog if your ready , it wouldnt hurt to confirm this first , if there is no chip make sure you put something back over the ECU opening

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am waiting on a datalog if your ready , it wouldnt hurt to confirm this first , if there is no chip make sure you put something back over the ECU opening

Tom
Ieye Cap'n.

Going out side to check now.

Did you need to set up a datalog strategy first??

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see nothing in the J-port! Taped it back up Sir.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Tom, I noticed there is no Focus entry in the Xcal4s data logging se3ction.

Is that what you meant about adding a data logging profile for my car?

If we could tag up Monday so you could set that up I will be happy to log this dog all da way to the house and back.

I also think at some point I'm going to have to upgrade my ECU so that I can add power door locks and power windows and other higher end options. That is down the road a piece so No worries for now. Just me thinking out loud after talking to Travis at the meet tonight.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
We should data log together lol, I need someone else's X3 to data log with since mine is having problem communicating with my SVT. We keep running into SCT issues with it freezing during data logs. It's such a pain in the butt.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an xcal2 but it's locked to some other ford. I don't think its good for anything but reading codes and resetting them right now. I also loaned it to Mark trece, the new guy. Bluelag00nie......... [;)]

Right now there is nothing but V8s and Diesels in the data logging section of my xcal4...... [sadpanda]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts