Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on 67mm TB from CFM. Put the stock gasket on it, swapped everything out just right. Put a transition hose from my cold air intake to the TB. I tighted everything up, but not to tight being that the intake mani is plasitc. So i go for test drive.

1. There is a sucking sounds when i hit the thottle. Sound like it may not be on tight enought and it is trying to take in air from around the seal possibly?

2. I know throttle response is suppose to be inproved, but is it suppose to make the pedal as stiff as it is? and when i so up in gears its actually difficult ( a little bit) to actually step on the gas. Before i could just lay my foot on the gas and it would go down, no i actually have to step on the pedal to get a response. however the response it there.

Any suggestions? thank you[boxface]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Did you remember to take the negative battery cable off when you did all that so the ECU could relearn everything .
Take that off for about 10 to 15 minutes put it back on and then drive the car around 20 minutes for everything to be relearned.
Then check all your connections to make sure nothing has came loose and retorque everything if you need too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I did follow throught with this. How ever i think it might have just been needed to be broken in. ive been driving on it and got used to it and it also got less stiff, but the throttle response is just as strong, :) thanks again

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do need a transition hose for the CAI, however i didnt compare the size to the stock airbox. I imagine it would fit tho

·
Registered
209 Posts
the noise you are hearing is probably normal, most aftermarket enlarged throttle bodies will create a sucking/whistling noise at certain throttle positions. The one i had on mine would whistle right at the position where i usually accelerate so i heard it all the time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
^ now i want a throttle body so i can get a cool whistling sound!
Just get a supercharger/turbo they make even cooler whistling noises[thumb]

·
Registered
106 Posts
The whistling sound is usually muffled by the stock airbox or a resonator on most stock air intake systems. A CAI makes it pretty noticable, even with a stock TB. I like the whistle, too :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey i am about to get the same 67mm throttle body. I would like to hear all the pros and cons about it. Are there any horse power gains? Is throttle response any faster? Is there a cheaper place to find throttle bodies? How hard is the install? I want to know everything about this product before I make the final purchase. FYI... I am trying to do as many mods possible with having to rebuild my engine the only reason being is because someone out there has to shut these blasted ricer p.o.s hondas up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts