Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here's the deal:

I just bought a 2004 ZX3 with a supercharger in it. Great buy (IMO) so I snatched it up. Only problem is, I don't know much about superchargers and the guy I bought it from didn't know much either. He couldn't give me any good info and I'm trying to find out as much as I can about my car.

1.) How can I find out what kind of SC is in my car?
2.) How can I be sure it is functioning properly?
3.) What should my Vacuum/Boost gauge be reading?
4.) What else should I be checking?

I've had the car almost a month now and it runs great, no problems, guy I bought it from said it has inch and half lowering springs, after market exhaust, stiffy motor mounts, tighter suspension, and the car is FAST . (Its a stock zx3)
PLEASE HELP!! [???:)]

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
There are only a few. Jackson racing, procharger, and powerworks are the major ones. Take a pic and post it up, and we can tell you all about it.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
A picture of the SC and many can tell you what the SC is

whats your wide open air fuel ? do you have a xcal to datalog with this would tell a lot

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Cool - So here is the best I could do as far as pictures go. I'm not too intelligent when it goes to mechanics or engines; I have a limited knowledge. So if you could, talk to me like I'm a 12 year old lol I might understand better.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=ec3a86f5be&view=att&th=133bc2f47782c110&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=1385915485240812542-2&zw

What exactly do you mean by wide open air fuel?

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Edit your images tags to your_URL_Here[\IMG]

I would suggest uploading pics to Photobucket; they provide the proper code to post images to here.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Ok Cool - So here is the best I could do as far as pictures go. I'm not too intelligent when it goes to mechanics or engines; I have a limited knowledge. So if you could, talk to me like I'm a 12 year old lol I might understand better.

What exactly do you mean by wide open air fuel?
Email me the pictures if you want , email below

WOT = Wide Open Throttle , what is your wide open air fuel , when you go full throttle what is your air fuel ratio , if you have a SC on your car its a must to have a air fuel gauge , If you dont then I wouldnt do WOT again till you add one and KNOW what the air fuel ratio is

How was your car tuned , do you have a flasher that came with the car , a device that loades tunes to your ECU for the added SC

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts