Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I own a 2.0 duratec. And at the end of this year im coming into about 5 grand...any ideas on mods for hp.??? Need some help to the fact that im a newbie...Ive been checking into turbos tho. would that be my best bang for buck?!?! I wanna build a monster...All the help i get would be greatly appricated!!!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
You can go either route...

Do you want a ridiculously quick car? A turbo sounds like a good idea.

Do you want an All Around, great performace? Spend money on Intake, exhaust, ECU tuning via SCT xcal2, Coilovers, and EBC/Hawk pads with powerslot or brembo rotors.

nevermind, scratch the coilovers, you have a 2006. Eibach + tokico shocks/struts will do good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about ridiclously quick? Whats a good turbo kit and kinda point me in the right direction... I want to be able to line it up with stock mustangs and ls1 cameros....

·
Registered
440 Posts
with the turbo kit youll be walking the mustang gt and the neon srt-4 PLUS focus can out handle them all day long. well you wont walk to new mustangs there a solid 13s 1/4 mile car. but pre 05 they were a solid 14 1/4 mile car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
and a factory SRT4 neon is so under tuned and for a third the price of putting a turbo kit on there you get Mopar Stage2 and bye bye focus. and they are factory turbo. much better reliability and warranty! The focus turbo kit isn't even street legal! I wouldn't recomend a turbo kit to someone who uses the car as a DD. it will void your warrenty! go the second route. you will be running 14's AND handling!

·
Registered
90 Posts
oh and just putting the turbo kit on an otherwise bone stock focus gets you what? without suspension upgrades and better tires up front you wont run that fast anyway. I mean compared to what it is capable of.

·
Registered
79 Posts
no turbo kit really for any car is street legal unless it comes from the factory with a turbo...

Austin

I would go the turbo route, but not gonna be all five grand, so put some into the suspension and other engine upgrades.

·
Registered
440 Posts
well stock tires with make you fast in a drag race cuz they have wheel walls. and the srt-4 isnt even a dodge its the 2.4 that they put in there stratus' and threw a lancer evo turbo on it and didnt tune it worth a crap. if i were you i geuss i would go with cai, exhaust, tune and some cams. and later down the road you could change out the internals and throw a turbo on it. i saw on focus sport a focus with 350 whp with a stage two turbo with internals. so with cams and all that may be able to push 375 whp and pretty much kill anything with tires that isnt like an all out drag car. right now with my mods and can run a 15.4 1/4 time and with cams and a MM intake manifold i would love to look a high 14. but if you want to beable to beat an srt-4 with all motor do all that and throw some 4.06 gears and a torsen or the quffie (how ever you spell it)limited slip and i think it would be a pretty close race PLUS keep warrenty but got to have a ford macanic put those cams in for the warrenty to up hold. im just happy that i can beat a svtf in the 1/4 lol but as i found out on the highway they can catch you fast in the higher gears!!!just got to make a goal and aim for it

·
Registered
379 Posts
mn12bird said:
and a factory SRT4 neon is so under tuned and for a third the price of putting a turbo kit on there you get Mopar Stage2 and bye bye focus. and they are factory turbo. much better reliability and warranty! The focus turbo kit isn't even street legal! I wouldn't recomend a turbo kit to someone who uses the car as a DD. it will void your warrenty! go the second route. you will be running 14's AND handling!
I was told when shopping by a dodge dealership that stage 2 voids the srt4's warranty.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Turbo Kit, Eibach suspension, 12inch SVT wheels.
Period

1 - 11 of 11 Posts