Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to 3 auto parts stores, all have said they don't carry it. What's worse is RP's own website says they don't carry it. Does anyone know where I can buy this stuff?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
You want the RP Syncromax, and O'Reilley's carries it or you can buy it online a little cheaper maybe.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah, all you need is the Synchromax. 2 quarts should do. I didn't even use 2 full quarts in mine before it started spewing back out. You should be able to find it fairly easy.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks gang, I called around to a few more and finally found one that carries it.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JUST KIDDING. Whoever I talked to on the phone didn't have a clue, they didn't have it. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^got mine in 2 days from Jegs.com via FedEx.

Beware, however, of the $9.99 "packaging" charge they don't mention when they say "free shipping."

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Really? Can't find? Just gonna have to order it then. I found some in my town, and its pretty small. Watch out for the hazardous materials shipping fee though, might be added on.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not quitting til I find it. There's no way in hell living in the 'Motor City' that I'm going to order a type of oil online =/

·
Registered
426 Posts
i just ordered from mustangtuning.com so we'll see how it goes. they had the lowest price, $7.99, and free shipping with no minimum order. seems like a deal to me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The last lot of RP stuff (5W30 engine oil and Synchromax) I purchased from a great eBay store. They were REALLY fast, and cheaper than others, even taking P&P into consideration.

Tires-N-Parts-Inc

I even made a mistake and ordered 5w20 oil, and e-mailed them. INSTANT reply, and they simply changed the order to 5w30 without a problem (my purchase was using "Buy It Now").

I'd highly recommend them.

Cheers, Shane

·
Registered
456 Posts
You won't find it locally ... I searched too.

Ordered mine from Summit ... showed up the next day.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Try Napa...that's who carries it around here :) You'll have better luck at a Napa distro center if you have one there

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried 4 Napas, they said as a company they don't stock it and have to buy it through a 3rd party they have contracts with.

I'm pricing it from Summit and from Mustangtuning :) Thanks gang

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
summit wanted 15 dollars more than mustang tuning, and that was before shipping.

what a crock.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
turbovation said:
I don't want my oil to be watered down by un-regulated crap vendors :) I'll stick to speed shops

·
Registered
456 Posts
2004SVTAutoXer said:
summit wanted 15 dollars more than mustang tuning, and that was before shipping.

what a crock.
????
How much are you buying? It's $8.95/qt on the Summit website and you need 2 qts (can re-use .1 qt of your original stuff - or by a 3rd and have extra). Shipping was like $5 to my house in Ann Arbor.

Mustang Tuning giving the stuff away for $3?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Shipping is free at Summit, but they add a handling fee to EVERY domestic order, in the amount of $9.75, which would make it more expensive, by a buck or two, than the guys I used.

2004SVTAutoXer, as for your comments about watered down oil from e-Bay, you must be living in the middle ages, or have your head stuck up your [email protected]#, if that's your opinion. Most vendors are professional companies who also use e-Bay as a storefront. Case in point would be CFM, but I'm sure you don't use them either, as they're also an eBay vendor, outside of their usual business!!!!!!!!!!! I'd also like to hear your explanation as to how you think these untrustworthy vendors get water into a factory sealed bottle of oil?

Cheers, Shane

1 - 20 of 27 Posts