Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The reason you are having issues locating a rocker is that it's sold as a body side aperture assembly. You get the entire side panel from front a pillar to the roof rail, all the way back to the b pillar where the door closes, and the rocker panel at the bottom. Pretty expensive part. I've had good luck going to the local U Pull It yard and getting a used one. Take your portable drill, and enough bits to drill out a bunch of 5 millimter round welds. Or; you can take your cordless sawzall, cut out what you need, and drill out the welds at home. Make sure you cut more than you need. I usually cut mine right above the lower door hinge (body mounted side) and I cut pretty deep into the floor to make sure I get all if the inner rocker. Cut it just below the door striker at the rear. Send me a PM is you need more info. The interchange on those is 2000-2004. Good hunting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon,

First post on the forum, because I am on a hunt that has been less then successful.

15,000 miles ago I purchased a 2008 ford focus with 150,000 miles on it. Its been running great, I checked everything over when I bought it on the lift, and the car is basically perfect, very tight, drives like new. Interior is great for 165,000 miles.

I have zero complaints, car does everything I want it to, better then I could ask for. when I purchased the car, I knew the rockers were soft, that's actually why I got a good deal on it.

When I bought i assumed I could buy rockers, and weld them in
(super easy). I can not for the life of me find rockers for a 2008 focus, but they are everywhere for 2007. Obviously there was a change there.

I can fabricate the rockers, but that turns an easy afternoon project, into a much bigger, more labor intensive task...

What is everyone else doing? I have noticed that I have not seen any other focus's of my style with rotten rocker panels, so why did my rust out?

Thanks guys!
Hello. Yes I just bought a 2008 Ford focus se. It has rust on one certain area on the undercarriage. Where the body metal meets the undercarriage metal, that like seam that runs length of car. That whole seam is falling apart if I even touch that area. It almost seems like they never applied the under coating black type stuff in that area, all the way up and down on both sides of car. I am thinking of applying some type of mastic type stuff with a paint brush. I mean just like slop it all up and down that seam to at least stop my vehicle from coming apart little by little, piece by piece like it is now! Anybody know anything I can like cake on there and spread over rust????? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
These might be a cheaper alternative, listed for four doors, might work on coupe with some trimming. No personal experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Replaced the rusted out rockers last summer on my 2010 Focus. Found replacements at raybuck.com. Didn't have a welder, so I glued them on with 3M impact resistant structural adhesive.
How are the rockers holding up using the 3m adhesive? Any issues? I like that idea better then using a welder.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts