Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around this community for some time however this is my first post..

My Alternator died this week and I am trying to remove it...

I have a book and also have looked online and have followed all the instructions I find to the letter however the alternator will not come out!! [?|]

I can post some pics if need be. I am all out of ideas, I know there are only 2 blots that hold it in there, those have been removed and it still will not buge, it is wird b/c it says that you can not get the bottom bolt all the way out but I was able to...

Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

-James

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
if i remember from reading around here, isnt it easier to remove the alternator after unbolting the engine from the motor mount and jacking the engine in a different angle?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys!

I got the damn thing off the mount but now I cant get it out!! aaa

In the book they just lif it right out, bit I looked again and the one they were takeing out is smaller than mine grrrr,

Any ideas, that dont involve jacking the engine, I dont have the tools or the time for that :-(

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the help peeps [:p]

I got is done about 20 min ago...and it only took me 12 hours

I got it out....I had to remove the gass lines and remove the mount that was under it but she came out.

I went to pep boys for a new one, got it home and the damn thing would not fir [mad]. I ended up shaving a little off the mounts so it would go in.

All and all it was a learning experence and on top of that I am sure I saved a lot doing it my self. The new one was only $175.

Now I hope I can get started on some mods [:D]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts