Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am installing a shelby auto alarm on my 2001 ford focus, i wired all the wires acording to the diagram from the shelbyautosecurity site, i completed all the connection but my remote start wont start with out the key in the ignition at the acc point. the car does not have a transponder and i cannot locate nay 2nd acc wires. car wont start with key in off position it has to be in the acc position. please help this is the only thing the is holding up my install and i wont to move on to install a cb radio in the car but i cant untill i clean up the wire mess under the driver kick panel.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Generally, you need a device to override the PATS security system.
look into the DEI 555U.

This is the Anti-theft bypass for your factory immobilizer system. If your vehicle is a 1996 - 2005 and has a FACTORY ANTI-THEFT system, then this is the piece for you. This part only bypasses the antitheft system during remote starting keeping the factory security system intact at all other times.

It has a simple installation and does not require any extraordinary expertise to do it yourself. Even comes with wiring and programming diagrams to ease in the installation. This does not effect your factory system nor can it cause any ill effects as it simply copies the coding and transmits it to your vehicles transponder system.

UNIVERSAL TRANSPONDER KEY REMOTE START BYPASS -- THIS DOES REQUIRE A CHIPPED KEY TO BE LEFT IN VEHICLE!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/REMOTE-START-UN...ryZ75389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This focus was built for a third world market it does not have a transponder, hence why the remote strat wont work with the key in the ignition in the off position. if it was a transponder issue the car would remote start with the key i nthe ignition in the off position or even in the car in close proximity to the strearing coloum. thank but still need help cause its not a transponder problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or maybe your right am not too sure how the ford transponder system works i will call my dealship to find out if this car has a transponder key system installed

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am having a big problem with my active alarm system. I am reading a lot. Surfing of the web I found a Doc that describes in clear many Ford PATS arrangements with keys and codes.
If somebody knows how can I put this in the forums I surely will.
The doc is a pdf size 1.7 MB 2 pages for adobe acrobat reader.

Either way drop me a pm.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
honestly, i would recommend against a 555/556U. look into a 555sw i believe is the part number. it doesn't require a key to be located somewhere in the box like the 555u does. it sounds to me like your ignition wire isn't hooked up to the right wire. you have it connected to the green/yellow, correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts