Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 high milage svt that I am replacing all the bushings in the rear suspension with the prothan kit(sp) I have had to use a cut-off wheel to remove the frozen bolts at the axle ends.)bolts are frozen into the bushings). now the lower control arm (this is the arm that also holds the spring) seems to be frozen at both ends. I know that I can cut off the axle side bolt and just use new nuts and bolts, but the other side seems to be some sort of cam set up? My question is, does the bolt just unscrew the entire way? I can get it turned about 90 degres, but not further. or does it get pushed out? If it needs to be unscrewed, then I will have to have ford order me the bolts before I go any further. (I am using already usinga very good 1/2" impact on these bolts )thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
426 Posts
you have to destroy the cam bolt to grt it out, make sure you mark where it was, that is the alingment for the tire;;;. new cam bolt assembly is around 20$ from ford, its a shame you cant take this car apart,'''''''''''''''''''

·
Registered
426 Posts
elmer------- you will need the new cam bolt assembly from ford,,,,,,,,,The bolt has a groove the entire length of it, it slides into the control arm, this bolt lets you adjust the angle of the wheel, i don't remember if its caster or camber, anyway, mark where the control arm comes off then put the new adjustment there, hope this helps''''

·
Registered
426 Posts
oh my god-------------ya think elmer is still working on her'''''''''''''' they say patients will get a gob done right. gees i feel like i was talking to a gost;; thanks Geezer for saving me'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts