Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car, 2002 SVT focus, has failed to start twice. I get in my car, and turn the key, nothing happens, no electrical power what-so-ever. I look under the hood, where the battery is clearly hooked up, and all easily check-able wires are in fine condition. My car is a stick so i just try to push start it. I didn't get enough speed to actually get it running, but the engine did turn over before the car stopped. then I noticed the instrument panel light up, and the car was able to start under its own power. This happened a second time afterward, but has started fine other times. I plan to investigate for shorts or bad wires once the rain stops, and any advice in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Cody

·
Registered
143 Posts
No power at all? no lights, no sounds? no dings?
sounds like a main fuse, dead battery or really dirty or lose connections.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am bringing this back up as I am having the same problem with my 03 SVT right now.

I have had 0 problems with the car even with all of the test flashing I do with it here. Today I was out checking pricing on new tires; I stopped at one place and go inside to check and come out later the car will not start. No clicking, no trying to start, no power at the cluster, nothing. I know my battery is week but it didn't even try to crank. I still went inside and tried using the shops jump box with the same result.

After some time I tried again. The cluster sometimes does not power at all, other times is VERY dim and sometimes is perfect. All of the time, my radio is going crazy resetting (counting the disks inside) and I can jiggle the key in the ignition which changes how the cluster reacts. Because of this I thought it might be a PATS issue so I grabbed my spare key but it does the same thing.

So, I seem to have no power or some sort of short somewhere that was fine this morning but decided to screw me after I leave the house. I am still going to hook up the IDS to see if there might be a problem with PATS or the GEM module but this is random as hell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts