Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on installing my FC 2piece udp kit and in the unstructions it says something aobut a timing belt cover and grinding something down, well where is this? and how do you get the water pump pulley off?help please I gotta Si i need to race tonight[:)]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
um...the cover is at the bottom and needs to be trimmed for the larger pulley, the water pump pulley has 3 screwed. have fun

ps: how are you racing someone when your car is at a body shop?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it aint in the shop no more saleen sent me the wrong front and rear bumpers. i got the bolts out but i cant get it tom come out from between the motor and frame how do I do this?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the plastic cover, see where it looks like the pulley fits into...well you gotta grind that because the larger pulley will rub

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
there is a raised circle around the cover behind the crank pulley that needs to be shaved down. if u dont do it and u get everything on there, you will hear the belt rubbing on it and making a hugeeeee squeel

·
Registered
892 Posts
Its best with 2 people. Thread the belt around all the pullys except for one of the top ones. Put a socket on the tensioner pully and turn it untill you can slip the belt over the last pully. Gently release the tension. Its takes alot of muscle to pull that pully back, be careful and watch your fingers.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
yah yah....I wanna know who won and if u'r pully rubbed....let us know

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He didnt show up. I raced a friend those he has a 93 gmc with a 350 with some work i beat him but he has traction problems but a win is a win. My pully didnt rub i shaved the plastic cover down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts