Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving to work to day I want to turn on the fog lights when I do the power started to go off. The car did not go off and I was still able to drive but I could feel the loss of power and it did slow down. The light that come on when you start the car did come on but went back off after a few seconds. I was about 10 mins from work and in that time it happen again. This is the first time this has happened. When I got to work and turned the car off I let it sit for a few mins and turned it back on and nothing happened. Does anyone know that it could be a cannot take it the car to ford I just don’t have the money but I can take it to a small car place not far from my place if I can make it there.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Year, model, engine type?

Which one of the 'lights that come on when you start it"

"turned it back on & nothing happened" - nothing bad? - or nothing at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not going to lie I do not know all the names but the light the come on and go right back off when you first turn on you call. Even the gas tank when to E and then back up. When it would happened it only lasted for about 30sec at a time. It did just get cold where I am. Like in the 30s from the 50s

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ that's a good guess from almost no information, battery & charging check out might help.

Info. for engine type can be found here:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337457 There are three possibilities for that year, two if you have a hatchback.

BTW - with no info. in your profile, we don't even know if it's a USA model.

ALL indicator lights come on when starting, problem indicators light up individually after that & show different pictures/colors to indicate what they are for.

Low fuel is yellow with a gas pump pictured vs. a red battery pictured for a charging problem for example.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help sorry im new at this. I am in the USA if that helps and it is a hatchback. I had the battery checked a few months back because I got up one morning and the car would not turn over at first. I would go got start it and nothing would happen we played with the battery and tried to jump it but nothing worked for about 20 min it then turned on and worked just fine. I did take it to audio zone but they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I went across the street to have it looked at and the guy said it could be the starter and that they could replace it but there was no way to know till the work had been done. I left. I wasn’t going to pay to have work done that might not help. All of the light went back off. I am at work now and will try it again in a bit to see if it is still working. I hop it is I don’t have the money to get it fixed right now.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Removing & cleaning connections at the battery can solve many electrical problems, including the earlier one of an intermittent not cranking - even when the battery itself tested OK then.

Manual or automatic? If it won't crank there's an easy way to fix one possible problem with a manual, and something else to try if it's an automatic.

Back to the original question, IF the battery light came on charging could be a problem & pasta's suggestion of a free check at Autozone (or elsewhere) would be a start on that. It's one answer for why turning on an extra set of lights could have affected it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a automatic. The battery light did come on I will take it back to autozone or petboys when I got off work today

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good, and for an automatic the first "trick" if it doesn't want to turn over is to try wiggling the shifter in park - then trying in neutral if that doesn't help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts