Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have problem when i drive and i hit the brakes hard my car cuts off
my battery it brand new or when i turn the cornor it cuts off too. pretty much when ever i put a bigg strain on my car it cuts off
i just dont kno what it is plz help

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like it doesent blog down or nothing. engine turns off but everything eles still works
like when i brake hard or turn it dies

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
auto

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BUmp???

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
fuel pump. there was a recall on the 2000 models for it. Keep it over a 1/4 tank until its fixed. It'll alliviate part of the problem.
Check the dealer and see if the recall has ever been done.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
no I mean does it feel weaker overall, like is it slower?

The reason I say it could be the fuel pump is because when you turn and brake, the fuel in the car moves which could provide enough resitance of flow with a bad fuel pump to stop the car from running. In this case however the car would feel weaker in general.

Does the fuel level have anything to do with it?

Also check and make sure none of the valcuum hoses have become dissconnected in the engine bay, start with one side of the car(drivers side) and check every hose you see until you reach the passengers side.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i didnt think my spi could get any slower lol
but no it doesnt feel slower

right before it cuts off i does nothing like theres no warning just off
yes my tank has been over 1/4 full

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
recall

fuel pump. there was a recall on the 2000 models for it. Keep it over a 1/4 tank until its fixed. It'll alliviate part of the problem.
Check the dealer and see if the recall has ever been done.
how do i go about checking to see if there is a recall and would it still be done even if its not under a warenty anymore

·
Registered
65 Posts
It isn't a safety recall. Program 03N01 is just extended warranty on your fuel pump if your vehicle was built before June 13, 2001. There is no mileage cutoff. It sure is what it sounds like though. I would take it to a Ford service center, mention the program and make sure your fuel level is below 1/4 tank. I know you said it happens all the time, but you want to give the technician the best opportunity to verify it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys im going to go ahead and swap out the fuel pump and coil pack

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where is the brake booster located

1 - 14 of 14 Posts