Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Sorry to say I'm not a Ford "fan," however my wife and I owned a 2002 Focus SE for our kids. We outgrew it last spring and bought a van.

Long story short. Car has 265,000km on the chassis. Motor has roughly 60k. Purchased off my parents after my mom had blewn the motor, under the condition that we pay only for the new motor and its installation. It was picked up from a friend of mine at a scrap yard, certified to have roughly 50,000km on it.

OK. so, fast forward to now. We're trying to sell it. I drove it around for a few months after the purchase of the van, but the time came to park it. It was taken to my parents house about 3 months ago, where it has sat. It has been started at least once a week by my dad, never any problems.

So I go to show it 2 weeks ago. Wont start, battery is completely dead. Ok, no big deal, charge it up and you'll need to buy a battery. However, after it had been charged, a problem arose. I cant find any info for it on Google, so here's my question to you guys!

New problem - it starts, it runs, it idles, etc - no problem. However, the second you press the gas pedal, it quits. No other issues otherwise, and again, all the hardware is brand new as of roughly 10,000km ago. Ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My first thought would be to replace the throttle position switch. Mine did that too. It is easy to change and costs around $25.00 at most part stores. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts