Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is in the shop, i went by to see it, they took the tranny down, and they found the clutch in 2 pieces, and some heat spots on the pressure plate...
they told me they would call ford tomorrow to see if is going to be cover under warranty.
i don't know what to do, they are telling me that they can't do anything untill they know if ford wants to pay for it...

i'm thinking if they don't pay for it, i will not pay like 1500 for them to fix it, i'll be better off buying a centerforce stage 3 or something like that and put it together my self for half of that...

what should i do?

ps: there are pics of the clutch in my profile...

·
Registered
557 Posts
just wait and see. Hopefully its covered. How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
220 Posts
It all depends if they will cover it if so then thats fine either way your going to have to pay for DISSEMBLY and if you get that STAGE 3 CLUTCH i would just make them install it since its already out. You really cant do anything until you hear the final word from FORD. i can even check your warranty for you if you want i just need your VIN off your car.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
90k...

i bought it with like 79k in march, and i bought an extended warranty (bumper to bumper 2yr/24k premium care or somethig like that)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the paper i had it said that the tranny and internal engine parts, and a lot more stuff was covered

·
Registered
220 Posts
EXTENDED COVERAGES
0736 - USA 2006 USED 24/24,000 PREMCARE W/ROADSIDE
STANDARD DEDUCTIBLE: 100 USD
OWNER NAME:
OPTIONS:
EXPIRATION DATE: 03/02/2008
DISTANCE: 103,983
RENTAL: 28 UP TO 10 DAYS
TOWING: 0 USD
CONTRACT SOLD BY: USA 03609
ESP CONTRACT START DATE: 03/02/2006

Basically they will enter the part number for the flywheel and if its covered you should be all set.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but the clutch is what i [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up... does it matter??? i don't want to get screw by this f#cking ppl at the dealership...

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I just went through the exact same thing. Get ready to shell out some cake . I spent 2 weeks arguing with Ford and got nothing. Unless you have a really good dealer ship your screwed. The dealership that did mine is a bunch of jackoffs. Good luck

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much did u spend on it?
why didn't they pay for it, what was their excuse?

when i 1st bought the car, the clutch went, but since it was in the 30 days or whatever they changed it, i paid 100 for the deduc... and the owner of the dealership, paid for the part that wasn't cover... i was working there at the time, only for 2 months....
i don't know what they going to do, i've had a headache all day just thinking about the car and how much this sh!t could cost me...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i ordered stage 3 clutchmasters, and fidanza 9lb flywheel....
the dealership wanted 990 to take it arat and put it back, they lowered to 660, and then i said that he had to do better so, he made it 600 even...
getting the car back tuesday and can't wait...
thanks
javier

1 - 13 of 13 Posts