Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wayne is being a dick and not answering me at all. Ever since I put the jrsc bbk on and his tune my car has been running really rich. I mean really rich. Tomorrow I really need to drive my car, its going to be about 70 miles. Its going to be 101 degrees out. Am i going to blow my motor? How bad is it to be running very rich? Should I just put my stock tune on and stay out of boost?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
running rich is betteer than running lean, at least. The only real thing you have to worry about is clogging your cat if you have one, ruining your 02 sensors, and backfire.

I think you would be better off running rich vs. stock tune where if you accidently hit boost you would be lean as hell. Lean is what melts stuff.

No way you can just rent a car for your trip tomorrow, and leave the SVT at home?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea my dad is gonna help me rent a car now, Im not 25 so I cant rent one. I should have wayne pay for it, my car backfires a lot and when I start it and try to go in first it just bogs down hits likes 200 rpm and saves it self until the car gets totally warmed up then it drives alright except when you give it more than 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
+1 on the rental.

But running ritch, you're not going to BLOW up, you will foul plugs, sit and sputter, ruin 02s, clog cats, and piss off anyone behind you. You're rings wont like it over time either, but at least you're not going to blow up like you could running lean. can you moddify the tune? Try lowering the pump volatge? Do you have the correct injectors?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
HalfTime said:
+1 on the rental.

But running ritch, you're not going to BLOW up, you will foul plugs, sit and sputter, ruin 02s, clog cats, and piss off anyone behind you. You're rings wont like it over time either, but at least you're not going to blow up like you could running lean. can you moddify the tune? Try lowering the pump volatge? Do you have the correct injectors?
From my understanding the BBk comes with new injectors tuned for the bbk.

·
Registered
210 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
From my understanding the BBk comes with new injectors tuned for the bbk.
Correct, but, did he buy a new kit, that comes with everything? Did he buy a used kit, and is he sure he got the CORRECT everything? I don't know, he didn't say, that's why I asked. Just trying to help the guy out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ahhh, o.k. Can you do some data logging? What is your MAF doing? How many volts? Usally it will cause you to run too lean if it can't meter the amount of air hen boosted, but if it's not getting enough volts, perhaps it will do the oposite and run ritch??? Just tossing ideas out thier. I still think you fuel pump is over spinning, but I dunno. I'd check you TPS too, make sure it didn't gett gummed up with anything in the process. A bad TPS will cause spiting and sputtering, and will take nothing more then 1/4 throtle. Less then a $40 part from Ford.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
sweet!!!! cause wayne has pissed me off enough

1 - 11 of 11 Posts