Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ladies and gents.

I was driving down the street in my trusty 2008 Focus SES the other day and had some clown clip my passenger-side mirror off. Luckily, the only damage was the mirror which came clean off; however, it got beat to hell and now I need a replacement.

I'm about 99.9% sure I can put the new one in with no problem...but I'm kind of at a loss where I can find the proper replacement. It's the right side, powered and heated. I'm reluctant to go to the dealership because I know they'll bleed me for every dime they can.

I've done a good bit of searching online and come across a few options, but I'm just not 100% sure. I need the mirror to be black with a replaceable back-cap. The silver cap on mine survived, so I just want a good replacement mirror that I can pop my matching cap on.

Being the Focus Fanatics that you all are, I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. I would really appreciate any help. My poor car still only has 40k miles on it and is in great condition for a 2008. Hate to drive it around missing an ear.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Junk Yard. Sadly the local one just crushed a 08 SES that I could of pulled the mirror for you.
That's a damn shame. It's such a solid, reliable car. I suppose I could call the local junkyard. Thanks for the advice.

Just in case, anyone know any other avenues? I really don't mind spending up to $100. Hopefully nothing more, though.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The local junk yard charges 50$ for a power mirror, I don't suspect it to be more up there in a cheaper area of the SouthEast.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Junkyard first. If I didn't find what I needed I would go to Rockauto, Amazon, eBay, maybe some others, and go with whichever seemed to offer the best bang for the buck.

There's also a great network of salvage yards that I've used to locate all sorts of stuff here:
http://www.car-part.com/

·
Registered
156 Posts
Junkyard first. If I didn't find what I needed I would go to Rockauto, Amazon, eBay, maybe some others, and go with whichever seemed to offer the best bang for the buck.

There's also a great network of salvage yards that I've used to locate all sorts of stuff here:
http://www.car-part.com/
This. In the same order. Get to know all your area junkyards. The dealer will R*pe you, as you correctly guessed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I searched eBay for mine. I believe I paid $40 shipped for power/heat.

*Fun Fact: My car didn't come with heater side mirrors but they hooked up and worked just fine :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts