Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a problem here. What seems to be the dump for the powerworks supercharger kit on my car is just freely moving around. This was broke off before I put on the new shifter cables I needed to in my car, but I don't see a way to get this back together nor do I know if it's broke or not internally. It just kinda hangs there and moves around. Any ideas? Thanks!
-Joe

PS: Where should I mount the catch can? I hear from NUMEROUS people that it should be between the top of the valve cover and then cap off the bung where it goes into the intake manifold.

My mechanic actually put it in between something and the PCV valve and a lot of the guys that were at the shop with him who have mad hp cars said that's where it needs to be. I've seen em both ways. Should I keep the catch can there and then add a little filter on the end of the valve cover and just cap off the other bung? Thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
That is the BBV - Boost Bypass Valve - it is a vacuum operated 'switch' that opens a butterfly inside the blower housing to bypass boost while under idle/light load driving (high manifold vacuum situations).

The diaphragm is spring loaded - the lever arm should always have some tension on it. If the lever arm has no tension or the lever arm doesn't move when a vacuum is applied, then the BBV needs to be replaced.

You need to contact Magnacharger to get a replacement. Be careful not to loose the brass orifice that is in the end of the vacuum feed nipple - it regulates the amount of vacuum.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the arm has tension but the piece just hangs there. It seemed to be glued from the factory and it seems someone broke the glue so it's about an inch hanging by the cables. Is there any way to see if it needs to be replaced before everything gets taken apart? How much is one?

What WOULD be needed to be taken apart to get this fixed? For some reason it also seems that the new shifter cables are in the way of this piece. How close is it suppose to be to the cables?
Do you know if the NEWEST shifter cables from ford are a shorter length or something? Also if they are how would I go about correcting this problem to get this thing working again?

·
Registered
456 Posts
IIRC the vacuum canister was just heat staked to the bracket - those stakes probably broke from either 1) the blower assembly was dropped on it or 2) someone was working rough in that area and knocked it off. Not sure if it can be repaired w/a screw - you will need to unbolt the bracket from the blower and remove the canister to see if it could be 'backyard repaired'.

Dunno what one costs from Magnacharger (Manguson) ... but they are the only one I'm aware of that will sell a proper replacement.

The cables do run close - but they shouldn't be touching it. On SVTs the cables ran even closer and a shield was provided.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
One line from the valve cover to catch can, another from the PVC to catch can. Then a third if you so wish to dump to the ground. Then place a nice Filter on the top of the can.

Plug the line going to the TB where the PCV use to go.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you know what kind of work is required to change out the vacuum canister? Could you please explain what I must do to get a new one in or to test and see if that one is broke? Also do you have a possible instruction booklet and parts sheet for the charger still? I have a printed book but it's missing a few pages. Do you have like the blueprint on how that part is installed also so after you explain how to change it we can see the diagram? Thanks again for all your help. I just don't know if we are gonna have to take apart the whole damn charger practically to get that piece installed or if we can just do it when the charger is on the car still. Thanks
-Joe

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone else had this problem before? the shift cables keep interfering with this actuator and they won't go back into place without braking it off again. Any ideas? Are there different versions of the kit? Cable re-routes? something? Anything? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
joe i'd see if someone could bend up a little sheetmetal sheild for that spot. nothing fancy but it would probably solve that issue your having with that.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all...bumpin this up cause I'm wondering if anyone has a PDF of the owners manual or a pic of this spot on their SC? I would really LOVE and NEED to see a pic of this. Thanks!
-Joe

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome thanks man...I just found one online!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts