Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Angelo, i have a ford focus 1.5 tdci power shift 2016, when the car is stationary, eg at the lights/a junction, i press on the accelerator for it to go and it does absolutely NOTHING for 4 seconds the revs increase very slowly and as soon as it hits 2000 revs it moves then the turbo cuts in then flies off. I call those first 4 seconds a dead zone!! is it possible to adjust the ecu to make the car respond or even MOVE as soon as i press the accelerator? I find it a little dangerous now, especially when I'm at a junction with oncoming traffic, i know i can safely make it, but with a 4 sec delay before the car moves is becoming quite dangerous!! I don't believe there is anything wrong with the ecu it's just programmed that way from the factory... I know remapping it would help mpg, torque etc.. but i want to know if it's possible to specifically go into the ecu settings and program it to have power as soon as you press the accelerator??? I know the engine still hasn't bedded in yet (it's only done 1026 miles) but i have a feeling that won't change the no response/no power from idle speed to 2000 revs!!
I'll be most grateful for any advice please...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi, I'm Angelo, i have a ford focus 1.5 tdci power shift 2016, when the car is stationary, eg at the lights/a junction, i press on the accelerator for it to go and it does absolutely NOTHING for 4 seconds the revs increase very slowly and as soon as it hits 2000 revs it moves then the turbo cuts in then flies off. I call those first 4 seconds a dead zone!! is it possible to adjust the ecu to make the car respond or even MOVE as soon as i press the accelerator? I find it a little dangerous now, especially when I'm at a junction with oncoming traffic, i know i can safely make it, but with a 4 sec delay before the car moves is becoming quite dangerous!! I don't believe there is anything wrong with the ecu it's just programmed that way from the factory... I know remapping it would help mpg, torque etc.. but i want to know if it's possible to specifically go into the ecu settings and program it to have power as soon as you press the accelerator??? I know the engine still hasn't bedded in yet (it's only done 1026 miles) but i have a feeling that won't change the no response/no power from idle speed to 2000 revs!!
The car is still going through its learning curve, give it another 2000 miles and it should better. If it doesn't get better by 5000 miles then take it either to the dealer or get a tune.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You need to get to a ford dealer right away, NO learning process EVER should do such an unsafe thing.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to MkIII problems section, not a 2.0 TiVCT petrol engine performance mod. question.

No diesels sold in the U.S./Canada, so only members from other areas might have info..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts