Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered rims but they did not come with hub centering rings. does anyone know where i can order some from? Please help ASAP!

p.s these are the rims i ordered----->http://www.performanceplustire.com/...manufacturerID/7/wheelDataID/14902#prodAnchor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with these tires
FALKEN- ZIEX ZE-512
Falken Tire

205/45ZR17 88W

Thanks again
Matt

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Hub centering rings are not critical or absolutely necessary. For ages, nine out of ten wheels have been lug centric. Just be a little more cautious when installing a lug centric wheel. Mount the wheel tightening the lug nuts by hand until they're fully seated first....do not use an impact wrench even if set at a very low torque setting. Then use a torque wrench using the correct "X" tightening pattern. Do not tighten any lug all the way the first time. Do a little at a time and the wheel will center itself just fine. Too many rings are just plastic anyway and can be easily distorted or flat spotted. Metal centering rings are preferred since they will not melt when exposed to high brake temps. Very few race cars that use lug nuts rarely use hub centric wheels because as the hub expands from heat the wheel can be very difficult to remove and replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts