Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me!I purchased a 2000 focus DOHC in march. it just passed 100k and started getting problems with my engine misfiring, I took care of the obvious by changing the plugs and wires, also switched the fuel filter and pcv valve. It has been running a little rough and misfiring in the first and fourth. Now it just started overheating out of nowhere. I cant drive my car at all. The run down, car shakes when in drive or reverse and gets worse when the a/c is turned on (so I haven't been using the a/c), engine is pretty calm when in park, engine light turns on, then goes off if I don't drive for a day. My problem now is that there is no leaks from my car, its had its regular services, it has coolant, my fans are turning and working. So please Knowledgeable car people what are the possibilities to my car overheating out of nowhere?????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's possible they're separate issues. Did you replace the thermostat? Not likely to be a head gasket if the misfiring issue is on cylinders 1 and 4. You also mentioned that the overheating issue started later. Check the coil pack for cracks and replace if you find any.

Toby

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you changed the Thermostat and housing ? Misfiring- check the coil pack known to crack and the wires known to break that lead to the c-pack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big thanks!

Thank you, I have not done that. I was planning to check the thermostat and flushing the coolant. I was also going to look at the coil. I will also check out the housing. I hope that will do and I'm back on the road tonight. If not I will be back on the website.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thank you, I have not done that. I was planning to check the thermostat and flushing the coolant. I was also going to look at the coil. I will also check out the housing. I hope that will do and I'm back on the road tonight. If not I will be back on the website.
No problem and good luck on resolving the issues. Post back up regardless as follow up.[wave]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts