Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 2010 Ford Focus SE Sedan and i was going to get me some new rims and tires here soon. I have two questions about my tire pressure monitoring system and a question about tires.

1) if i was to go from my factory rim to the rim i like, would i need to buy a new sensor for the rim or could i use the the ones i already have.
2) will the factory sensors work with the rims i have chosen?
3)i was going to buy tires for my rims and the width 6 and the new rims are 6.5. would it be dangerous to put the tire on the 6 and then migrate it to the new rims when i get them ( i am going on a road trip so im buying tires first then rims ) my father was saying it could not fit the rim and fly off. Im getting Bridgestone Turanza LS-T tires and i dont wanna but the 195/60R15 and they not work out.
Here is the link for the new rims-

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-100&pc=57842&counter=1&wd=15&rw=6.5

Here is the link for the Bridgestone Turanza-

http://productcat.bridgestonetire.com/exports/pp_1413915.pdf

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
You've got the valve type sensors I don't see why they cannot be reused.
They just need to be taken apart and off of the current wheels and placed into the new wheel

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
1) No, you can reuse your existing sensor with a rebuild kit (new valve stem and mounting hardware)
2) Most likely
3) Yes they will work fine, the info you gave for the tires shows that an approved rim of 5.5-7" is needed. A 6.5" rim is within specs.

I am in the process of getting new wheels and tires as well and fully plan to reuse my existing TPMS Sensors with the new wheels.
Good luck

·
Registered
229 Posts
The wheels you linked to show a bolt pattern of 4x100. They won't bolt up to your hub. Double check to see if they make one in a 4x108.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I thought the 08-11 TPMS used the band style, not the valve stem type. If so, I would assume a rebuild kit that includes a new band for your appropriate rim diameter would be needed.

Hopefully this helps...

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
229 Posts
I thought the 08-11 TPMS used the band style, not the valve stem type. If so, I would assume a rebuild kit that includes a new band for your appropriate rim diameter would be needed.

Hopefully this helps...

Posted via FF Mobile
'08 & '09 were the band style, 2010-2011 are the valve stems.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
'08 & '09 were the band style, 2010-2011 are the valve stems.
Correcto
I have an 09 with the pain in the butt bands when I picked up a 2010 set of wheels it had the valve type

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
So can the 08-09 be retrofitted with valve type?

That could make life easier for many 08-09 owners.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
It should work fine as long as they are are listed as being ford replacements, still going to cost about $100-150 for new sensors. You can find them on ebay all day long.
you would still have to have them reset, but they could do that when installing them on the car.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
So can the 08-09 be retrofitted with valve type?

That could make life easier for many 08-09 owners.
Posted via FF Mobile
No. It cannot be done. I've been told the computer in the car does not recognize the valve type.
I forgot to mention what I did with them other than I had them in the 2010 wheels lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wheels you linked to show a bolt pattern of 4x100. They won't bolt up to your hub. Double check to see if they make one in a 4x108.
thanks for all the help fellas but your saying the ones i found wont work on my hub? i cant find the same ones in that bolt pattern if someone could find something that looks like that around 90 bucks a rim that would be cool i dont know jack sh** about rims and brands. i just like the ones i picked out

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The link I posted earlier is the correct PCD for our cars.
In the listing for the size "15x6.5 4-100/108 40offset. If your still mot sure just call them.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh wow lol i didnt even see the 108 i thought it was part of the websites item number or something lol i feel dumb lol as i said i dont know jack about rims. thanks for pointin that out or i would of gone with something else thanks for the help[thankyou]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
That's why were hear, to help out our fellow Focus drivers. It just so happens that I was looking at the exact same wheels before. when you get then be sure to post up some pictures.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i will for sure post some pics just a matter of when i can get some of my other issues at home first. i just wanted to make sure that was making the right choice before i drop $400 bucks in it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts