Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pricing some kits. wanted some opinions on best deal. Eibach pro kit for $450.00, pro kit plus for $750.00, H & R cup kit for $625.00. I'm thinking though, isn't 2.5 inch quite a bit to lower? not the kinda person that wants to be going at angles just get over a damn speed bump. One love!

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
BAT had the pro kit plus on sale for like 690 I dont know if they still do.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, I ordered the pro kit plus. $715.00 seemed to be the best price I could find. How bout I called a place to find out how much it would cost to install.........the guy said he'd have to take a look at the kit to tell me how much it would cost. I said "can't I just tell you whats in the kit?" his answer is "naw, I have to look at it" I'm trying to call around to find a decent price and he has to LOOK at it.........seems a lil shady to me. Anyone have an idea of what I can be expecting to pay for the install? Remember its the Eibach pro kit plus. Gracias mi amigos!

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
The only place the installer might try to stick you with extra charges is with the front anti-roll bar. You have to loosen 4 subframe bolts to get the old bar out and the new one in. Focus Fanatic magazine did a write up on this kit in the premier issue. I recommend going to the book store or newsstand and get the magazine. It is a really straight forward install. Not any harder than replacing stock springs/struts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Installed them your self

Its not hard to install springs, just rent the machine to compress them and u will be all set, with some minor torqueing !!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the mag, and I read the install part for the suspension. Here's what you guy dont understand though.......I'm a complete ****ing moron when it comes to working on cars. Hell I've never even changed my oil before. Growing up my schools didn't have any type of auto classes, that's why I'm on this board a lot trying to learn things. The suspension install though I couldn't even attempt, at least not at this point in time. By the way, I canceled my order with tireack and bought from Focus Central just now for $639.00.......cheapest Ive found by far.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just looked at focus central and it looks like it costs $759??

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The price on their website is different than what theyre actually selling it for........I received it next day too. Sitting in my garage til I can find time to get it on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts