Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had fogs on my car with the stock bumper, but i got the f2 rs front bumper and i found some aftermarket fogs that fit perfect okay they are 50 watts they are met to be driving lights but i dont think they make a diffrence i think they are just brighter, they come with a wiring kit but you have to use a switch. on my car i had fogs, and in me headlight switch i can turn on my fogs by pullin out the switch. okay i want to be able to turn on the aftermarket fogs the same way that i did the stock. how would i be able to do this??? the aftermarkets come with a inline fuse.

can i just cut the harness for the stock ones and connect the after markets to that??? would i have to use the fuse it came with ???

or would i be better just doing it the way it comes???

·
Registered
537 Posts
uh, depending on weather or not the factory harness will handle 50w bulbs, you could just use that. does anyone know if the factory fog light harness will hold 50w? factory is only like 38w or 27.5w or something like that, but if the wires are the same gauge as the headlights you'll most likely be ok(someone should know..). you could also wire the factory switch to run the new harness if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do i use the fuse or not, its like a wire that is suppose to go from my battery to the switch it came with and it has a inline fuse on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts