Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help on buying wheels.......**UPDATE**

ok guys i finally found some cheap wheels that look decent. i need some wheels that are going to fit my 02 zx3, and also be able to fit in my new tires, which are Fuzion HRi 205/40/17 . here is a link of the wheels im planning on getting, will these rims fit in my tires and work on my car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8061462037&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
just for reference also, i do NOT have my car lowered, at least not that i know of unless person before me did so. Let me know guys, thanks!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
your best bet would be to contact the seller before auction close. To me it looks as if the should fit tires and definitley fit on your car. those r pretty cheap I wish they had white and id be buyin me some 2!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
the rims will fit on your car, no problem... but i'm pretty sure that 7.5 in wide would be too wide for those tires you got. i had 205 tires on my 17x7's and those were pretty well stretched out to their limit. 205 is the width of the tires in millimeters, convert that to inches and see what you come up with. good luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well when i check tire rack for 17 x 7.5 wheels, the tires they recommend are 205/45/17. which mine would work, but they would just have a smaller sidewall than a 45 cause mine are 40. so i am assuming these wheels will fit my tires.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow 4 wheels for under $200? Not bad, go for it, should look nice on yellow car too

·
Registered
44 Posts
PlutoJared22 said:
Wow 4 wheels for under $200? Not bad, go for it, should look nice on yellow car too
Yes, but did you see the shipping price? It's $200! That's where your getting raped! Always look at the total cost of items, and you will save yourself a lot of money in the long run.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys, i checked with the seller and he said these wheels wouldnt work for me, but they could drill them, i think he is just trying to milk me for more money, i have an 02 zx3 which should have a bolt pattern of 4x108 and 4 lug and the auction says that what those wheels are for. double check the page to make sure im not mistakin.

so you think i should get them regardless of what he says, just trying to milk me? or no? i know they will fit my tires, but apparently he says they wont fit my car, that they would have to custom drill holes or something. let me know, bidding ends fairly soon. LINK IS IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD, thanks!!!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
it says 4x108 TWICE... i think hes just shitting you and trying to get more money... buy them and if they DONT fit... file a claim thru paypal (i assume you have paypal) then since the auction SAYS they are 4x108 he HAS to either give you your money back, or drill them so they will fit...
you will also have to get hub-cntric rings if the wheel has a different hub size (which is entirely possible) rings aren't too expensive, looks like you've got yourself a nice deal there.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts