Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is frank and I am new to the board and to my focus ZTS which i picked up about a week ago. I am a ford tech at Dan Pilson auto center in mattoon, iL. we are a ford/chrysler/jeep/eagle dealer. anywho, i have a 4-door ZTS focus and i was thinking about doing a few cosmetic and engine and suspension mods and was looking for advice. for cosmetic, and since i get parts at cost, i was thinking about installing the SVT focus front lip....anyone know if it will bolt up? i can get the lip for like 45 bucks. next, i was thinking about an AEM inytake since i have always had them on my hondas, but i dont know whats best for the focus........opinions here?? and for suspension, i was thinking about eibach sportlines. they are a nice drop, and a progressive rate spring, so they should ride and look good. opinions?? also, is the SVT focus guage cluster plug and play? just curious. and if anyone needs any help, i have much knowledge to offer, as well as access to any TSB's, or Special Service Messages and recall's regarding any of our cars on here. thanks

frank

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hi Frank and welcome to the board, congrats on your new ride, I'm sure you will enjoy it. [;)]

Wow, it seems you have a lot of plans for your Focus. I've heard about an intake called Volant I think being one of the best. I could be wrong, sorry if I' am. [;)]

These Forums are the best when it comes to getting information you need, as you will see. [:)]

Welcome again to the FF Forums.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
first, welcome to the forum

for the lip, its simple, trim about 2 and a half inches off the ends and screw it in or attach it another way u like

for intake, volant or ice-man

if you pick up the eibach sportlines, pick up the struts/shocks from eibach, koni or whichever u choose with the springs

on svt cluster. just run a search, you will gain more information faster that way.

good luck and happy modding

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
[welcome] Welcome,Glad to have you on the forum.
I have the aem cold air intake.I love it.You need to get you a svt grill too.[thumb] I think the look much better than the stock focus grills.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
forget the lip...i'd go with the whole front bumper..it looks so cool

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yea i was going to say go for the whole bumper too. way better lower grill and fogs.

anyway kickn hit the nail on the head for u about the suspension, much better ride quality that way...

only thing i would suggest is get the focus central 65mm throttle body!

how much can u get 2000y intake manifolds for??

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
VtecGSR952000 said:
Hi all, my name is frank and I am new to the board and to my focus ZTS which i picked up about a week ago. I am a ford tech at Dan Pilson auto center in mattoon, iL. we are a ford/chrysler/jeep/eagle dealer. anywho, i have a 4-door ZTS focus and i was thinking about doing a few cosmetic and engine and suspension mods and was looking for advice. for cosmetic, and since i get parts at cost, i was thinking about installing the SVT focus front lip....anyone know if it will bolt up? i can get the lip for like 45 bucks. next, i was thinking about an AEM inytake since i have always had them on my hondas, but i dont know whats best for the focus........opinions here?? and for suspension, i was thinking about eibach sportlines. they are a nice drop, and a progressive rate spring, so they should ride and look good. opinions?? also, is the SVT focus guage cluster plug and play? just curious. and if anyone needs any help, i have much knowledge to offer, as well as access to any TSB's, or Special Service Messages and recall's regarding any of our cars on here. thanks

frank
Eibach sportlines ride like crap, even with dampers, pro springs are better. It all depends on what kind of ride quality and performance you want. There is a great kit alot of foci owners are using. Check it out here. www.mcnewsautomotive.com Click this link:

http://www.mcnewsautomotive.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=mcnew&Product_Code=APEXSS&Category_Code=SUSKIT

Skip the AEM intake, Iceman and volant like kickn said are the best.

·
Registered
525 Posts
svt does have a good look...and welcome to the message board frank...I'm just an hour north of you...champaign-urbana

1 - 8 of 8 Posts