Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 Focus ZX4. I had a weird issue with the car cranking way to long before it started, then once it did finally start it would either stall or run rough as hell for about 30-45 seconds. After that the car would be fine until it sat for 8+ hours. No issues while driving at all. I’m pretty sure I have it fixed. New plugs double iridium, coil rebuild kit, and the IACV. With that issue solved trying to resolve the next I’m pretty sure it’s the tensioner pulley. I get this crazy weird rattle/screech only when car is in gear, foot is on brake, heat is on, and I’m turning the wheel. Very strange. So with that being said I’m also looking for some Proven and worthy places to get some parts. Intake, exhaust, header, lowering kit, and a ECU TUNE. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I’m Billy btw. Thanks all

·
Registered
8 Posts
06 Focus ZX4. I had a weird issue with the car cranking way to long before it started, then once it did finally start it would either stall or run rough as hell for about 30-45 seconds. After that the car would be fine until it sat for 8+ hours. No issues while driving at all. I’m pretty sure I have it fixed. New plugs double iridium, coil rebuild kit, and the IACV. With that issue solved trying to resolve the next I’m pretty sure it’s the tensioner pulley. I get this crazy weird rattle/screech only when car is in gear, foot is on brake, heat is on, and I’m turning the wheel. Very strange. Visit AutoGuysLand to review secondary air injection pump if you concern. So with that being said I’m also looking for some Proven and worthy places to get some parts. Intake, exhaust, header, lowering kit, and a ECU TUNE. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I’m Billy btw. Thanks all
Have you thought about the issue of battery? If it doesn't charge enough that can cause this issue. Another cause is leaking or failing fuel pump. Just take a look at these things.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ricardo, thanks for the reply. So the battery is only 4 months old so that issue has been resolved. I replaced the Idle Air control Valve, plugs and rebuilt the coils that seems to have stopped it from doing what is was doing. The only thing is that the fuel pump has always been of some concern, the reason I haven’t replaced it yet is because when I’m driving I have no issues, no sputtering or anything like that as if the fuel isn’t being pumped properly but I know it’s a lot less psi from the pump when the vehicle is driving opposed to when starting. I saw a great thread on here on how to make a trap door. I think I’m going to do it. Any advice on a reliable company? At my job I deal with a lot of duralast parts because of the commercial account, but I’m new to the fords so I don’t know many reliable aftermarket parts for the car

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,188 Posts
The fuel rail pressure sensor is a known issue with these cars. You need to get a live scan.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Will it pop cel?
Not always but that doesn't mean it is the issue. I will say that at my favorite junkyard, every duratec focus is missing the frps. See if you can find a used one at the junkyard. I paid $6 for a good one. It is worth a shot imho if you can't get a live scan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll do it today while I’m at work I leave my scanner here. I’m looking into swapping my intake manifold,header and exhaust any recommendations on decent companies i can’t seem to find a damn thing for this car after market wise

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Additionally, if you do decide it is the fuel pump, don't use anything but the Motorcrart pump. Most aftermarket are garbage.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I’ll do it today while I’m at work I leave my scanner here. I’m looking into swapping my intake manifold,header and exhaust any recommendations on decent companies i can’t seem to find a damn thing for this car after market wise
Don't waste your money. Do a 2.5 fusion engine swap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly I think I’m just gonna sell the car and buy a ST or RS that swap sounds expensive. I gotta find a motor trans mounts and who knows what else because I have no idea about that swap.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Honestly I think I’m just gonna sell the car and buy a ST or RS that swap sounds expensive. I gotta find a motor trans mounts and who knows what else because I have no idea about that swap.
2.5 bolts right to your transmission. 2.3 timing cover is used so you can keep the engine mount in the correct location. VCT delete kit from massive. Tune. Engines can be had for $300 with low miles. I will be doing this swap in the summer when all of this virus has passed. Plenty of threads in the duratec performance section. For the money you were talking about spending on intake and exhaust you could do the swap.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The NA from 2012 or so. Be a 40hp increase and 35lbs of torque. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I suggest you read the 2.5 swap threads and decide for yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts