Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done replacing my rear shocks.
Not to bad.
Leaving the front ones for the weekend.
But since I ordered all kinds of parts that are needed, I figured I can get smalled things done till the weekend.
Like replacing the shattered mirror on the driver side that kept me from passing inspection.
I can tilt it to the point where i got pliers in there and removed the 2 heating wires that are connected.
But how does the whole thing come off.
I'm looking @ the new one and it has a sort of rail setup , but how do I pull?
Pull in towards, driver window, out towards left side of the car, or just straight up pull it off with as many pressure points as possible?
I don't care about breaking the mirror it's garbage already, but I don't what to break any bracket on the mirror casing itself by pulling the glass out the wrong way.
Help please, I still have oil on my hands so I'm in the middle of doing this, i'll be tuned in to this page for a quick anwser.
BTW, on the how to archive they only tell you how to remove the entire mirror not just the glass.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a broken mirror on the passerger side- rather than go to the trouble- I bought a replacment mirror at autozone- just cut it to size and peel the backing and stick it on- not the best but the easiest.
wayne

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it off in one piece!
No damage @ all.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ok how so otherw will know

·
Registered
620 Posts
IIRC, the only way to replace the glass on or mirrors is to replace the whole assembly. At least, that's the only way Ford offers it. [:(]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Not true bud, the mirror glass is ava under base # 17k707 for these. If you have trouble finding that, try a vin# for a svt and run that base on HVBOM.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm starting to hate my job. Ford makes us look in 3,000,000,000,000,000,000 different places and makes us look like eye dee ten tees. I looked on three different catalogs before I found it. Thanks, Mike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts