Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can someone help me please...I have a ford focus 1.6 and have just changed my front brake pads, when attempting to bolt the calipers back into place on the passenger side the upper bolt refused to tighten!! I looked at thread and it wasn't the best so I visited scrapyard and found 2 replacement bolts but still the top bolt won't tighten, I'm thinking the bracket that the caliper bolts to has a thread problem..is it just a mounting bracket holding caliper? Can I just replace the mount or does the entire section join the section the caliper is bolted to!! Help please!![:(] message me at [email protected] or here if you can help me, thank you

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Yes, it is just a bracket that holds the caliper mounting brackets in. Look closely and you will see this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you...would you suggest getting another bracket from a scrapyard? I'm no expert and changing pads is my limit, any suggestions on replacing the mounting bracket? All help welcome

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile If the threads are not real bad on the nut, you can use a thread tool that size and attempt to rethread the nut.
Just be sure to use cutting oil and then clean all that off the brake pads before you drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you for the help, to be honest I'm not very experience at this kind of thing and I'm struggling to find best solution the problem... The bolts I have managed to get from scrap yard seem in very good condition so it's definitely a problem with mount thread

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How easy is it to take mount off and how easy to find replacement from scrap dealer and fit myself? Grrr

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feel like I'm sucking my thumb in a barrel full of titties!!! If anyone has any diagrams or photos of what I'm looking for or of the mount itself id be very grateful to view them! Thank you for the help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone give me some more info please...the more I get the easier the job with be hopefully, thank you

·
Registered
602 Posts
You need part no 9 on the drawing, after removing the caliper, its only 2 bolts holding it, I dont remember the size , 14-17 mm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you...so the bolts that go thru part 8 on the diagram actually bolt into place on part 9? Sorry if I sound dumb!! Does anyone have experience of replacing this part? How difficult is it to do? Can a fairly inexperienced mechanic like myself do the job properly? Thank you

·
Registered
438 Posts
Should just be two bolts holdinding to the knuckle. Once the caliper is off, it should be pretty straight forward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts