Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there have a 2004 focus svt. Have to do a clutch install have the parts but at z loss where to go from here. Have gotten as far as car up and tires off!

·
Registered
17,318 Posts
You are most certainly looking for a 500 page book there. You'd be better off scanning thru youtube.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are most certainly looking for a 500 page book there. You'd be better off scanning thru youtube.
Well I don't mean literally need every nut and bolt lol. More like taking out the driveshaft.... Then starter ect

·
Registered
274 Posts
The only sketchy part of the this will be dropping the tranny and slidding it out from the bottom. You have to ensure you can get the front end up high enough to clear the tranny.

The hard part is bleeding the hydraulic system once installed.

Take plenty of pictures and video for reference for putting it all back togehter. Watch the utube videos ... and ensure you torque the fly wheel bolts correctly.

If you need help post up some pictures of the issue.

Be safe and take your time.

I got a 2.0l motor and MTX manual tranny just setting in my garage if you need any photos just let me know.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
General outline (2 parts)

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
This guy in UK is really good:

·
Registered
02 Focus ZX5
3 Posts
General outline (2 parts)

Good luck
Paul
Eric's videos are always clear and concise.
I had watched all 4 parts (a few times) which gave me a good general baseline of what I would encounter as I had a different engine/transmission.
If you don't you bench press weights daily I strongly recommend getting a low lift hydraulic transmission jack with tilt.
Motive products has a brake bleeder which was a breeze to use when purging the complete brake/clutch system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts