Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

I have a 2002 ZTS Mach Audio Edition. i wanna upgrade the audio components (NOT the Head Unit tho) and do some basic performance mods. I only have experience modding hondas and need some help and direction. Not having resources of my own for domestic parts I have only tried basic google searches and ebay and coan only seem to find stuff for the zx3 or zx5.

Can anyone help me out with ZTS mods??? Just the basics - I want the car to breathe and handel better so it maybe can feel a little peppier...

Oh, unfortunately it's a slush-box... :(

thanks in advance,

Eric

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I would start with an intake / exhaust combo, it did wonders for my sedan (se) and then if its an auto get a chip. as far as susspension goes I haven't touched mine yet it handles great as it is [thumb] but I would look into front and rear stablizer bars to give it less body roll and more responsive steering, but then again the steering is VERY responsive and my suspension is stock but to each his own [:D]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the info...

HOWEVER... The decisions on what parts are relatively easy - I think intake and chip are on the list for me - but what brand? where do I get it? I know only honda and honda aftermarket...

Where do i go to buy them and or read up on them??? Brand names??

HELP!!! [???:)]

Me = Honda Tuner

My Wife = Focus owner wanting to catch up to me on the road ;)

Thanks again!!

Eric

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, there is no limit - per se...

Can you recommend some items in the order I should aquire them?

Just because one item is cheaper or more expensive than another dosen't really effect what i will buy.

I assume an intake would be the first order of business?
Probably won't do exhaust - wife won't deal with the droaning sound - it's HER car afterall.
But what next? Chip? Header?

???

With my Honda i knew the best parts and the best order to accomplish what i wanted... i knew what parts added high end breathing and what other ones i would do next to give some lost torque back... With the ford I have no clue...

Forget the dollar amounts. Were talking about an automatic trans ZTS that really IS a grocery-getter every day. i just want to put a little pep in it's step - if you know what i mean.

Honestly if i wanted to race and win I would drive my Civic (not intended to start a fight ;) )

I just want to give the wifey's car a little TLC and some extra umph - perferably without voiding the cars entire warranty like i did on my Civic. [;)]

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts