Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I recently bought a 01 ZTS. It has some work that needs doing to it, and I'm about half way done I'd say. I put new tires on it, new filters, and an oil change. Now I changed the battery harness because the old one was tore up and the car didn't start sometimes. I successfully installed the new harness, and the car starts, but the battery light is on now. I may have slightly messed up the battery harness connector when I was taking out the old harness.

I am trying to find out 2 things:
1) Can this messed up plastic thing cause the battery light to come on? If not what could be the actual problem?
2) Can I buy a replacement plastic connector, or do I have to buy another alternator?

I found this but it doesn't look like it would fit the Focus' alternator http://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-ak1?seid=srese1&gclid=CJroy7-0q8ECFSyCMgodpSsAFA

Just to clarify; the part I'm talking about it the little chimney looking thing that sticks up on this picture of a Focus alternator:

Please help a brother out! [bawling]

·
Registered
17,168 Posts
If you twisted it like most do there is a thin metal strap inside that tears in two, that will get you a light and no charging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts