Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today my power locks stoped working... it worked when i went into the car then when i got to work it wouldnt lock. this includes the keyless entry, panic button, manually pressing the power lock button in the car and the hatch pop button.
it seems that everything else works. i thought it might be the fuse but i looked in the instruction manual and it didnt have any specific fuse for the power locks so i checked all the electronic fuses and they were all good.
does ne one else have this problem? or know how to fix it? thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the same problem.

Ford tech says it is a fuse. He says the fuse is on the "backside of the fusebox in the dash". now, who ever heard of this. Darn idiotic Ford engineers. I looked as best as I can and all I saw was harness' pluging in.

He says that the problem originates from one of the door lock actuators siezing up and no longer operating. It tries to either lock or unlock, builds up the amp load and blows the fuse. So the culprit is one of the actuators.[:(]

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i remember reading in the manual that there was a fuse in the back side of the box but i didnt bother looking there. does this mean i have to replace my actuators? seems like it...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blah. i cant find the fuse. maybe i should take off the box. but im too lazy right now b/c im all sore from working out. ill c if it works.
did you try actually fixing it or did you just leave it like that?
actuators cost about 100/ door. even though i can get a discount thats still just a hassle.
thanks

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
island_boy49 said:
blah. i cant find the fuse. maybe i should take off the box. but im too lazy right now b/c im all sore from working out. ill c if it works.
did you try actually fixing it or did you just leave it like that?
actuators cost about 100/ door. even though i can get a discount thats still just a hassle.
thanks

damn, at that price you might as well buy aftermarket actuators to use instead. might be slightly more work but it would only cost around $10 or $20 shipped.

- Scott

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sa_pyro_ne said:
damn, at that price you might as well buy aftermarket actuators to use instead. might be slightly more work but it would only cost around $10 or $20 shipped.

- Scott
what i meant was the actuators cost that much installed at basically any place. thats all. but the product does cost about 20 i believe.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
okay so today i took of that large pannel that uncovers the bottom floor thingy

i unscrewed the two 7 mm bolts (if im not mistaken) and then unhooked the two clips

then i pushed it back and turned around the box. its kinda tight in there, but just be careful :D

then i just replaced the fuse in the back hidden behind the wires.

and cpmzx3 was right. its them damm actuators. after testing it out. my locks sounded lame... it sounded like the battery was low and the actuators were struggling to function. Then i noticed that my passenger door didnt open/close so its them dam actuators i guess. Then after a few times my fuse popped again :p so i just gotta buy a new actuator for the passenger door i guess. [:(]
maybe ill just do it the same time i get my alarm installed :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for those pictures....

With the replacement of the fuse, my door locks and trunk pop works now. Not to mention the factory Keyless system.

I have a question about the factory alarm. When it is armed, what are the triggers that set it off?

None of the system was working when I purchaced this car used. Alarm , door locks ,trunk, keyless... none of it. There was no manual with the car either. I looked in fords online manual I downloaded, but no info on the triggers. Just the 20 sec. arming timer.[?]

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all of ur power locks work? my passenger one doesnt :( but everything else seems to work

as for the alarm.. dont get confused between KEYLESS ENTRY and ALARM. I beleive i only have keyless entry. i believe that to check which one you have just "arm" your car w/ the window down then try to open the door from the inside. if it goes off then you have alarm, if not its just crappy keyless. then you should just invest about 150 $ and get an alarm installed if u want. [:D]

·
Registered
187 Posts
CpmZX3 said:
I have a question about the factory alarm. When it is armed, what are the triggers that set it off?
It is my understanding that it will go off if the car is unlocked from the inside and then opened after the alarm is armed. IE someone breaks the glass then opens the door.

-Darren

·
Registered
146 Posts
yeah, It's just the elcheapo KE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts