Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first i thought my clutch master cylinder went out but went i put a new one in and every and bled it all out it had some resistance but wouldnt go in to any gears still and i rob the one out of my zx3 and still didnt work when i put it back in it worked fine can some one please tell me whats wrong with my baby i want to drive my svt again

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Did you check the slave? Only other thing it could be is trans/clutch issues...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to replace my clutch this past winter. Crazy. We were in an Ice Cold garage with no electricity....a canon heater and a work light propped on lip of engine hood running on a generator outside. Pulling the tranny out was a pain (putting it back in was worse). Tranny issues on these cars is the worst if you dont have an engine hoist. As far as not being able to get it in gear...you may have to simply mess with the shifter linkage as well. Took almost an hour of use messing around with the settings to get it to go in gears...except now the little plastic nuts on the ends of the cables got screwed up...any time i try and put the car in 5th or 6th it drops into 3rd or 4th. Yay more issues. Make sure there are no metal shavings chilling in the bottom of the tranny shell. Then there is probably a big issue. Let me know if you get it resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts